We have an Issue while generating large XMLP report (invoices) for some users who have got special character (such as ö, á, ë) in their names. Application Engine program that creates large XMLP report in RTF/PDF (1K+ billing invoice lines), failed to generate report:
Caught exception: Error generating report output: (235,2309) PSXP_RPTDEFNMANAGER.ReportDefn.OnExecute Name:ProcessReport
However, if try to run for less amount of billing invoice lines (e.g., 100+ instead of 1K), then report completes successfully and RTF file with the special characters has been generated in the report manager. This issue is caused while running the process in UNIX server but can able to generate report file while running in NT server(it is taking 2-3 hrs. of processing time in NT Server).
I have checked the PeopleTools System Control table(PSSTATUS record) and found the unicode_enabled flag as 0 (Non-Unicode).
Below are few scenarios, which we tried to fix this issue, but none of them worked!
We tried to increase the java heap size (512MB, 1GB,..,4GB) in app server and process scheduler config files and bounced the server:
App server config : JavaVM Options=-Xms512m -Xmx512m -Xrs -Dxdo.ConfigFile=%PS_HOME%/appserv/xdo.cfg
PSUNX config : JavaVM Options=-Xms4096m -Xmx4096m -Xrs -Dxdo.ConfigFile=%PS_HOME%/appserv/xdo.cfg
Later we have added stack size to our config settings as below:
JavaVM Options=-Xmx512m -Xms256m -Xss256K -Xrs -Dxdo.ConfigFile=%PS_HOME%/appserv/xdo.cfg
2. We have placed the special character fonts in the server and map those fonts in the xdo.cfg file as below (example):
<font family="Albany WT" style="normal" weight="normal">
<truetype path="/appl/psft/env/tst/fs91/fonts/truetype/ALBANYWT.ttf" />
And also created system temp directory in the server and mapped the location in xdo config file, under properties as below:
3. Also we have tried running the process with different character set while writing/generating the xml file. Such as UTF8, ASCII, Java, ISO_8859-1, ISO_8859-15,etc.,
An XML file is getting generated in process scheduler with junk characters in it and failed to generate the report in report manager.
Please let me know if any solutions/suggestions.